Aegis Security: Specialists in Unoccupied Dwelling Insurance
There are a number of reasons why a dwelling remains unoccupied or vacant for a period time, including when undergoing renovations, on the market or in probate. When this occurs, coverage is required to protect the home from fire, explosion, wind, hail, theft, vandalism and other perils.
Aegis Security does not shy away from providing coverage for unoccupied dwellings and their unique exposures, including offering premises liability coverage in the event an accident occurs on the vacant property. As specialists in property and casualty insurance, particularly in underserved and hard-to-place homeowners markets, we offer a competitive insurance solution for unoccupied or vacant dwellings.
Our Unoccupied Dwelling product, also known as Vacant Home insurance coverage, includes the following program highlights:
- Stand-alone Residential Dwellings in Rural Areas
- Vacant Manufactured Homes
- Home Undergoing Renovations
- For Sale (less than one year on the market)
- In the Name of an Estate or Trust
- Terms – 3, 6 or 12 months
- Value – Up to $300,000 TIV, depending on geography
- Protection Class – All are acceptable
- Age of Home – All are acceptable (with a focus on homes 10+ years old)
- Vandalism & Malicious Mischief coverage available
- Deductible Options from $500
Our Unoccupied Dwelling coverage includes the following key coverages:
- Fire or Lightning
- Windstorm or Hail
- Riot or Civil Commotion
- Damage by Aircraft or Vehicle
- Volcanic Eruption
- Vandalism or Malicious Mischief
Behind the Shield of Aegis Security
Our unique underwriting methods and superior claims service have contributed to Aegis receiving an “A- (excellent)” rating from A.M. Best. The Aegis experience begins with an underwriting team selectively choosing risks that demonstrate above-average pride of ownership and applicants who practice sound financial responsibility. Our level of service stands out when a claim occurs as our dedicated Catastrophe Team works tirelessly to help our customers recover what they’ve lost. Boasting Haag-certified roofing experts and on-site adjusters with check writing authority, the Aegis Claims Team truly sets an impressive standard.
Our Unoccupied Dwelling insurance program is supported by a staff with tenure in the industry that understands the unique underwriting required in delivering broad coverage on a competitive basis. To learn more about our products, contact us at (800) 233-2160.